CRUCIAL INJURY UPDATE: Dodgers Reveal Max Muncy’s Right Wrist X-Ray Results and Potential Absence from Upcoming Games…

The crack of the bat gave way to a sharp yell that cut through the American Family Field night. In the eighth inning of Friday’s series opener against the Milwaukee Brewers, Max Muncy took a 95.5 mph sinker from Aaron Ashby right in the right hand/wrist area. He shook it off at first, but the way his hand trembled during the tests told a different story. Moments later, Muncy turned and walked off, leaving Dodgers fans holding their breath.

Initial X-rays came back negative. For a club that’s already navigated plenty of injury minefields, that news landed like a massive exhale. Manager Dave Roberts addressed it postgame on SportsNet LA: “We took an initial X-ray, was negative. Which is great. I think it got enough of that pad to protect it. He’ll be down for the next couple days just to make sure we get that swelling out, but I think right now, we’re breathing a sigh of relief. It was kind of the wrist, that little bone area.”

Muncy, 35, has been through this rodeo before. He leads the Dodgers with 12 home runs and a .515 slugging percentage this season. Even during his current slump, his quality at-bats and veteran presence remain vital in a lineup that’s finally found its rhythm in May. Losing him for any extended stretch would sting, especially after Roberts previously noted how Muncy’s absence with a right oblique strain last year contributed to broader offensive woes.

The veteran third baseman himself stayed measured but optimistic. “Not feeling great right now, but it is a relief,” Muncy said. “We just got to monitor it the next couple days. Typically, especially in that area, the X-rays never come back positive immediately. It kind of forms a little bit. But I’m pretty sure it hit half my wrist pad and half my wrist. I think me deciding to wear that wrist guard the last couple years might have saved my wrist, at least tonight.”

That wrist guard might have been the difference. Back in 2019, Muncy fractured his right wrist on a hit-by-pitch that didn’t show on the first X-ray. This time, he believes it felt different. He’s already ruled out for Saturday and Sunday, with Santiago Espinal stepping in at third and Miguel Rojas shifting to second.

The Brewers took the rematch of last year’s NLCS 5-1, but the real story was Muncy’s health. He went 0-for-3, including a bases-loaded pop-up in the fourth that loomed large. Yet his value runs deeper than any single night.

For now, the Dodgers are playing it cautious. A few days of rest and monitoring should tell the full story.

Related Posts

BRONX MYSTERY DEEPENS! The Yankees sent Spencer Jones back down after just 10 games, leaving fans wondering whether this was a simple development move or a warning sign about something bigger behind the scenes. In a season where every roster decision feels magnified, New York’s handling of one of its most watched young talents has suddenly become a question the fanbase cannot ignore.

The Yankees have optioned Spencer Jones back to Triple-A after a 10-game debut, and the brief stint put the same contact question that has always followed him…

CHICAGO’S FUTURE JUST GOT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING! The White Sox minor league update from May 22, 2026 may look quiet on the surface, but hidden inside the system are names, performances, and small signs that could shape the next chapter on the South Side. For a fanbase waiting for hope beyond the big-league struggles, this is where the real rebuild story may be starting to reveal itself.

Shane Murphy and Junior Perez pace Charlotte, while George Wolkow continues his breakout May

BOSTON DRAMA JUST GOT PERSONAL! The wife of a Red Sox legend has thrown sharp shade at the front office after the fallout from major firings, turning an already tense situation into something far more emotional. What looked like a baseball decision is now starting to feel like a deeper clubhouse storm — and Red Sox Nation is left wondering what is really happening behind closed doors.

It hasn’t been a pleasent spring season for the Boston Red Sox. The fanbase is letting themselves be heard loud and clear every home game with “sell…

BOSTON’S BIGGEST RETURN WATCH JUST GOT MORE SERIOUS! Garrett Crochet has reportedly taken the next major step toward a Red Sox return, turning quiet injury hope into a storyline every fan will be watching closely. If this progress continues, Boston may be getting more than an arm back — they may be getting the kind of power, edge, and momentum that can change the feel of an entire season.

The Boston Red Sox’s rotation has mostly held up well since Garrett Crochet hit the injured list, but his return is still highly anticipated. Crochet last pitc

BRONX BREAKOUT TAKES A STUNNING TURN! Ben Rice’s rising season with the Yankees just got even bigger after a major piece of news suddenly pushed his name deeper into the spotlight. What once felt like a quiet breakout is now starting to feel like the beginning of something much larger — and New York fans may be watching a new Bronx favorite arrive right before their eyes.

New York Yankees slugger Ben Rice is getting major card-market attention as his breakout season continues with 16 home runs and elite OPS production.

CHICAGO MAY HAVE JUST HIT THE PANIC BUTTON! With a six-game losing streak getting louder by the day, the Cubs are suddenly calling up a .906 OPS outfielder and cutting ties with a veteran infielder — a move that feels less like routine roster business and more like a warning sign behind the scenes. Something had to change at Wrigley, and now fans are left wondering whether this is the spark that saves the season… or the first sign of a much bigger shakeup coming.

The Cubs are trying to get out of the rut they’ve found themselves in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *